Friday, May 15, 2009

When cyberspace becomes your life...

I really wanted to do this blog not just for myself but for other particular people that have made being on the computer more of a priority than taking care of business. I am the biggest culprit when it comes to checking my myspace, facebook and other things. But I had a major reality check the other day when my son, Donovan said "Mom don't turn on the computer, I want you to hold me". Well needless to say I was off that thing and held him. But it gave me a reality check as to this day an age. There are a lot of people that spend countless hours on the computer and just let life happen around them. I know people that as soon as they get a chance they have their laptops on and surf, post and blog while their children are running around. Is there a complete need to be on the computer while your children are around? NO!!! There is nothing pertinent or happening on the computer that you can't get done after you have spend your quality time with your family and that does also include your spouse. My husband doesn't use the computer at all and when I get on he is always telling me "Oh I see, you have time for your Mycrack but you can't just sit here and spend time with me?".

I really think that people need to use the computer in moderation and not just for your family sake but for yours only because you are going to be missing out on life. It's good to communicate with people through the Internet and stuff but how bout doing it the old fashion way...pick up the phone. You may be able to have and keep deeper meaningful relationships that way. Life shouldn't be THAT busy that you can't just pick up the phone or stay off the computer.

I have made it a policy in my own life that I won't get on the computer until my kids are sound asleep and if my husband is not busy watching his own shows. Therefore I am available for my family at all times. ....

5 comments:

Tricia Kaye said...

That is so true!!!! Noah and I wait to Davis is in bed before we get on our laptops. Noah and I just had this conversation last night and decided that on our family night (every Tuesday) that even when Davis goes to bed that we will not turn on a computer, TV, answer a cell, or read a book. We will find something to do together.

Hey I would love the know the family member you are talking about?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mommyof3gifts said...

Hey Tonya! I know I never comment.. but I do check in your blog from time to time... got the link through tricia's. (LOVE the new look btw!)

anyhow this blog is so good... and true! Why is it so easy to get sucked into these things? We get all wrapped in on the mindless non important things and let precious moments slip by. thank you for the reminder! (:
hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hi darling,
The 'thing' to do is never try to please everyone, because, you'll never will be able to. People in general are creatures of habits; whether good or bad. The Lord had many enemies & He is perfect!!!!
God loves u just the way just the way u are & only the Lord will give you the desires of your life, AMEN Remember, Mami loves u!!!!!

Laura Rahz said...

so true...finding myself lost on the computer, it's new and so is the internet...need to get in control!!! :)