Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Long lost sister has been found

In order for you to truly understand what I am about to say I am going to give the history behind it all. My biological father (Antonio Rodriguez) married three times and in the first marriage he had Providencia Rodriguez, the second was Rebecca and Barbara Rodriguez and the third was me. The last time I saw my oldest sister was in 1983 when she came to visit our father for the first time in a long time. I was 5 and she was 16. I don't really remember much about the visit but I do remember seeing her. That was the last time I saw her. Over the years I have been trying to look for her and I had heard stories that she lived in TX, NY or Puerto Rico and that she went by the name Providencia Santiago or Rodriguez. Problem was that I thought the may be under Providence (the english version) rather than Providencia. Anyways to make this long drawn out story short, I went on my myspace the other day and just happened to put her name in to search and low and behold this picture pops up. Well needless to say that I was freaking out and I went to my photo album to find pics of her that I had from her 1983 visit. It looked like her but I wasnt too sure. So I sent her a msg through myspace and she never got back to me for three days.

Well yesterday and went and checked my msg and it ended up being her. She left her phone number and I immediately called her and wow was that the most amazing feeling in the world. She welcomed me with open arms and was so excited to have finally found me. We talked for a good hour and we just didnt want to get off the phone.

We are planning to reunite at some point in the near future and I can't wait. I will post pics when the time arrives.

5 comments:

Tricia Kaye said...

Tanya I am so happy for you. I want to hear all about it.

Love you

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you that you were able to find your long lost sister and able to put another piece on the puzzle. I guess that my question to you is what about Rebecca and Barbara? Are you in touch with them as well? TTYS L.L.

Tanya said...

Who are you LL???

Tanya said...

I really curious to know who LL is only because they know I have two other sisters and by name. BTW I am sort of in touch with Barbara..

Anonymous said...

ok ...come on "blond" moment for you now! LOL you "named" your other two sisters on your blog and thats why I asked... this is fun !!L.L.